Looking for care?
Work with us
Request a call
Home Care Assistant
About Castle Home Care
Castle Home Care Services is a well-established community care provider, providing Home Care Services throughout Darlington and North Yorkshire. At Castle Home Care Services we really do believe in quality of care, and focus all our recruitment around the needs of our clients’, to enable ourselves to offer the highest standards of care to all client. We provide personal, practical, complex and companionship services. Castle Home Care Services pride ourselves in the high quality of care we provide, and support is tailored to individual needs.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a care assistant to join our team on a full or part time basis.
The role of a Care Assistant
We are looking for a dedicated care assistant who genuinely cares about looking after people. Our home care assistants make a real difference to people’s lives. All our care assistants are responsible for meting the requirements of our clients, which allows them to feel respected and promote their independence. You will be expected to travel to the client’s home and your role will vary from day to day and will offer a huge sense of satisfaction. You may find yourself doing anything from helping clients to get dressed, administer medication or take clients out to meet friends or shopping etc.
It is essential that all Care Assistants possess the following skills/qualities:
- Driving license and their own transport
- Hold or working towards a level 2 NVQ in care
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and well-organised
- Caring and sensitive to others needs
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Flexible and excellent time keeping
Although previous experience would be an advantage it is not essential as we offer an excellent training package to make sure you get a hands-on look at how we deliver care. You will be provided with the following:
- Fully paid training prior to starting your role
- Fully Paid shadowing with one of our senior care assistants
- Refresher training on a regular basis to ensure your skills and knowledge are upkept.
- Personal ongoing development
Benefits of working for Castle Home Care
- Excellent comprehensive training and lots of support
- Career progression opportunities
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Supportive Management Team
- Competitive rates of pay offered
- The chance to study nationally recognized qualifications FOC
- Staff benefits and perks
Job Salary: £9.50/hour
Report to: Care Manager
Location: Darlington/North Yorkshire